Thursday, April 17, 2014

Loving your body is:





































In the theme of "Throwback Thursday", this photo was taken in October 2013. This sign was made as part of a flash mob I choreographed for my team in order create a project that would promote reducing stigma around mental illness. I think of this today as we film for a similar project and use the same signs. Recovery is Possible is our theme for the video. I connect the word "Possible" to loving your body! When we come from a place of gratitude for our bodies we are aware of all the amazing things our bodies allows us to do. They are the vehicle for our voice! I could not champion the rights of others if I denied myself the same rights to live freely in my own body. Think of the power in creating possibilities for ourselves and for others. Think about your own method of telling your story (flash mob, PSA-video, dance, poetry) and declare it!

No comments:

Post a Comment